This cookie dough oatmeal offers fibre and protein in a big way + it's delicious. Working with digestive and hormonal health one of the biggest things I emphasize from a dietary perspective is adequate fibre intake. Fibre is curial for healthy bowel movements and it helps us detox our hormones properly by binding up the excess.
& the best part is that it's easy-peasy. Prep before bed and grab on-the-go in the morning.
(and for anyone with food sensitivities and restrictions it can be made vegan, GF, and fits a low FODMAP diet)
- 1 cup rolled oats
*use 1/2 cup rolled oats, 1/2 cup quinoa flakes for FODMAP diet (if new to the diet, start with 1/4 rolled oats, and 3/4 quinoa flakes)
*use GF rolled oats for GF diet
- 2 tbsp of ground chia seeds
* can pulse in blender to grind them up a bit
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups DF milk (almond, coconut, soy - whatever is tolerated)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons dark chocolate chips
1. In a medium container (Needs a lid! I like mason jars) combine oats, quinoa flakes, chia seeds, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt.
2. Add DF milk, vanilla, and maple syrup - mix until well combined
3. Add walnuts
4. Seal with lid and refrigerate over night
5. Add dark chocolate chips in the morning, and voila!
A delish cookie dough oatmeal loaded with protein, fibre, omegas, and goodness to start your day.
- chronic bloating
- constipation and/or diarrhea
- indigestion and heartburn
- chronic breakfast-skippers**